Saturday, February 12, 2005

No more adult billboards

It looks like the law permitting adult billboards, like those for strip clubs, will stand now that a recent court challenge has been turned down. Groups opposed to the ban had requested a permanent injunction against the law but lost.

The billboards don't offend me, but I could see why some don't like them (besides the puritans who think its a sin to see themselves naked in the shower). I can picture a family cruising down 435 seeing a billboard for a strip club when little Jimmy asks the inevitable question of "What does that say Mommy?"

When I first moved here I was surprised they had such billboards in the first place.

You can read the story here:
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4191044/detail.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home