Saturday, February 12, 2005

No royals downtown?

Well it sounds like the Royals are not going to be moving to a downtown stadium in th near future, according to comments from Dan Glass made yesterday in an interview. You can read about it on Channel 9's website if you want more info:

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/sports/4191026/detail.html

I was wondering how they possibly were going to make reasonable traffic access if they were to build a downtown stadium. I don't think they could do it without massive and very expensive renovations to several downtown streets and especially I35/I70/US24. If you have ever been near there during morning rush hour you know its gridlock there.

I think the Royals stadium needs some upgrades and expansion, but the stadium itself it still an excellent place to catch a game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home